Data Privacy Notice
“Simon-Kucher & Partners” means Simon-Kucher & Partners Strategy & Marketing Consultants LLC in the United States (“US”) or Simon-Kucher & Partners Strategy & Marketing Consultants Ltd. In Canada.
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
“Activities Information” refers to information collected by so called “persistent identifiers” such as cookies. Unlike Personal data, Activities Information does not directly identify a particular person; the information, however, is or can potentially linked to a particular computer or device.
“Sensitive personal data” means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, and the processing of data concerning health or sex life.
Simon-Kucher & Partners (“we,” “us”) is a global management consulting firm. Our focus is on strategy, marketing, pricing and sales. We have three offices located in the US (Boston, New York and San Francisco) and one in Toronto, Canada.
We are committed to protecting the personal data of our employees and customers and to complying with applicable data protection laws. As a part of our ongoing efforts to strengthen the protection of personal data, this privacy notice explains how we process personal data and the principles that we uphold with respect to transfers of personal data from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland to the US. We have structured our Website so that you may visit our Site without revealing your identity or providing personal data. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully.
This Privacy Notice applies to all personal data received by our offices in the United States and from the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) and Switzerland in any format, whether electronic or paper.
3.1 THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
On our North America website www.simon-kucher.com/en-us (the “Site”) we may collect the following personal data:
- Email; and
- Phone number (collectively “user provided data.”)
While a visitor uses the Site, we may also collect the following information that may in certain circumstances constitute personal data:
- Name of the file accessed and the URL;
- The http response code;
- The date and time of access;
- Volume of data transferred;
- Notification of whether the data access was successful; and
- IP address (collectively “automatically collected data”)
- Number of clicks on social plugins linked to our services
- Information about the date you first visited our website and the date when you visited our website the last time
- The region derived from your IP address – this is not a precise location but enables us to determine the broad region from where you accessed our site
We may place a “cookie” on the hard drive of the device that you use to access the Site. Cookies are text files that are saved on the hard drive of your device by means of your browser, enabling us to recognize your browser for purposes such as saving your preferences and directing relevant content to you. Most of the currently available browsers give you the option of managing cookies by, for example, disabling them entirely, accepting them individually, and deleting saved cookies from your hard drive. We would like to remind you that if you completely disable cookies on your browser, you might not be able to use some features of the Site.
We may collect information about your operating system and browser we may require to operate with your computer or device.
We may send Email-messages, which use a “click-through URL” linked to content of our Website. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. If you prefer not to be tracked simply do not click text or graphic links in the Email
We may also collect personal data when we engage in research projects for our clients. We encourage our clients to provide as little personal data as possible but personal data are nevertheless often necessary for conducting the research assignments given to us. We make use of anonymization and pseudonymization techniques whenever possible. However, it may be necessary to process personal data for the purposes of a specific research project. In the context of these research assignments we may receive the following categories of information, which may constitute personal data in certain circumstances:
- Contact details of participants in market research projects
3.2 THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE THE DATA
3.2.1 User provided data
We use the user provided data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with users of the Site;
- To invite persons to workshops and to conduct the workshops;
- To prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses;
- To protect our rights and/or our property;
3.2.2 Automatically collected data
We use the automatically collected data on our website for the following purposes:
- To manage the Site;
- To provide features available on the Site;
- To personalize the Site;
- To develop, improve, and protect the Site;
- For market research;
- To audit and analyze the Site;
- To ensure the technical functionality and security of the Site; and
- To initiate professional business contacts based on the individual interests and fields of business of our website visitors.
3.2.3 Activity Information
We and service providers on our behalf use Activities Information about your activity with respect to our Services. The following summarizes how the Activities Information is used.
We may use “pixel-tags” – small graphic images (also known as “web beacons” or single-pixel GIFS”) – to tell us what part of our website has been visited or to measure the effectiveness of searches customers perform on our Site. Pixel tags also enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and the inform us whether Emails have been opened, to help ensure that our messages are of interest to our registered users.
This website uses ClickDimensions’ web tracking features. Web Tracking will give us insight on how our website is being used and records the traffic that accesses it.
We can see which pages have been clicked on, how long a user spent on a certain page, and how they got to your website, among other information.
Using ClickDimension enables us to track anonymous page visits as well as page visits which link to a specific Organization that identifies by its IP-Address.
The table below lists the cookies that are placed in a visitor’s browser when the ClickDimensions tracking script is being used on the visited web page, their use and expiration.
This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to the site from that web browser. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits the site, a new __cuid cookie is written with a different visitor unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to the site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that the application uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.
2 years from set/update.
This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with the site. When a user views a page on the site, the script code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time a user visits a different page on the site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as user activity continues within 30-minute intervals. This cookie expires when a user pauses on a page on the site for longer than 30 minutes.
30 minutes from set/update.
Used to signal the last time a visitor viewed a page.
30 minutes from set/update
ClickDimensions will gather information in “entities” which are:
- IP Organizations
- Anonymous Visitors
- Page Views
- Posted Forms
- Posted Fields
- Posted Surveys
- Survey Answers
3.2.3 Research data
We use the research data for the following research purposes:
- Developing new products and services;
- Customer loyalty strategies and programs;
- Digital marketing (online, mobile, social media);
- Monetizing strategies and new revenue models;
- Product and brand strategies;
- Market entry and defense strategies;
- Pricing strategies for products, business units and companies;
- Launch and post-launch pricing;
- Price negotiations and key account pricing;
- Pricing organization and processes;
- Multi-channel strategies;
- New sales channels/partnering;
- Sales organization and efficiency;
- Sales force effectiveness; and
- Key Account Management.
4. HOW WE DISCLOSE DATA
4.1 User provided data
We may disclose user provided data to:
- Service providers, such as payment processors;
- Public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; and
4.2 Automatically collected data
We use data collected for ClickDimensions Web Tracking to enhance our communication with individual users and to provide them with information that is meaningful to them. We also use this data to improve our service by analyzing the way our website and online services are used.
We may disclose automatically collected data to:
- Service providers, such as data analysis companies;
- Public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to do so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; and
5. DATA SECURITY AND DATA INTEGRITY
We take reasonable measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. These measures include, but are not limited to access controls, availability controls, input controls, transfer controls, employee controls and data separation controls.
6. BINDING CORPORATE RULES
We have enacted Binding Corporate Rules which ensure an adequate level of data protection throughout our Group worldwide. Our Binding Corporate Rules have been evaluated and approved by the Data Protection Authorities in Europe. The Binding Corporate Rules also include regulations on your rights toward data protection concerning the way we handle your data. You can find our Binding Corporate Rules here:
7. PARTICIPATION BY CHILDREN AND TEENS; ADVISORY
Due to federal law (as reflected in the Children´s Online Protection Act), YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD TO USE OUR SITE AND SERVICES. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN 13 AND THE APPLICABLE AGE OF MAJORITY; PLEASE REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
9. EFFECTIVE DATE
The effective date of this Privacy Notice is December 1st 2016.